Recipe yield : 24 cookies
- Unsalted butter - 145g (2/3 cup)
- Brown sugar - 150g (3/4 cup)
- TSA Molasses - 160ml (2/3 cup)
- Egg - 1
- TSA Vanilla flavour - 5ml (1 tsp)
- TSA T55 All purpose baking flour - 438g (3 and 1/2 cups)
- TSA baking soda - 5g (1 tsp)
- Salt - 2 g (1/2 tsp)
- Ground ginger - 15 g (1 tbsp)
- Ground cinnamon - 15 g (1 tbsp)
- Ground allspice - 7g (1/2 tsp)
- Ground cloves - 7g (1/2 tsp)
- Confectioners’ sugar - 360g (3cups)
- TSA Vanilla flavour - ½ tsp
- Corn syrup - 2 tsp
- Water - 75ml (5 tbsp)
- Salt - a pinch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- In a bowl,beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and molasses and beat on medium high speed until combined and creamy-looking.
- Next, beat in egg and vanilla for a few minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves together until combined.
- On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick and slightly sticky.
- Divide dough in half and place each onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap each up tightly and pat down to create a disc shape.
- Chill discs for 3 hours. (Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough)
- Later, take the chilled cookie dough and dust the work space with flour. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin at a thickness of 0.5cm.
- Cut into shapes. Place shapes 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes. Allow them to completely cool to room temperature.
- For the icing, use a fork and stir the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, corn syrup, and water together in a medium bowl.
- It will be thick, but stir them completely to get the right consistency. If you lift the fork, the icing should drizzle back into the bowl, the ribbon of icing will hold shape for a few seconds before melting back into the icing.
- That stage is considered to be the right consistency.