Recipe yields: 10-12 slices.
- Castor sugar- 350g (1 ¾ cup)
- TSA T-45 Cake flour- 133g (1 cup + 2 tbsp)
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Egg whites- 12
- Cream of tartar- 7g (1 ½ tsp)
- TSA Vanilla flavour- 7g (1 ½ tsp)
- Whipping cream - 75ml (⅓ cup)
- TSA Carnival sprinkles combo
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and set it aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, whip egg whites and cream of tartar together on low speed until it becomes foamy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar in small portions and increase the speed of the hand mixer, until soft peaks are formed. Then, add the vanilla flavour and beat it until it is incorporated.
- Slowly, sift the flour mixture into the egg white mixture in portions and gently fold them, without deflating the whipped egg whites.
- Then, pour the batter into a 9 inch tube pan and bake them for 40-45 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through baking to ensure even baking.
- Once the cake is being baked, cool the cake by inverting the pan upside down on a wire rack until it is completely cooled.
- Once the cake is cooled, run a thin knife around the corner and gently tap on the counter until the cake releases.
- For the frosting, whip the whipping cream at a high speed until stiff peaks are formed. Then, sprinkle some Carnival sprinkles on top of the cake, slice and serve them.