Mango mascarpone cake is a light, airy and super moist cake with a very flavourful vanilla cardamom sponge and a very fluffy and balanced out mascarpone whipped cream frosting. The cake is slathered with a layer of mango puree in between and is topped with fresh mangoes on the top making it a perfectly balanced cake. The recipe is a classic and is super easy to follow. The slight sweetness of the frosting goes hand in hand with the sweet mango puree, fresh mangoes and the very airy sponge. This cake makes up for an elegant looking birthday cake, perfect dessert and if you’re craving for something sweet in the middle of the night!
- Grease two 6 inch cake moulds and line with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar till the mixture reaches the “ribbon stage”.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- Add vanilla extract and cardamom powder at this stage.
- Sieve ⅓ of maida and baking powder mixture into the batter and fold.
- Repeat the above step two more times.
- Gently fold in the oil.
- Pour the batter equally and bake at 200 deg C for 25 mins.