- The Select Aisle T55 All purpose flour- 4 ½ cups (580g)
- Granulated sugar - ½ cup (107g)
- Sea salt - 1 tsp (6g)
- Unsalted butter(softened)- ⅓ cup (84g)
- Milk- ⅔ cup (235g)
- The Select Aisle Instant dry yeast- 1 ½ tsp (7g)
- Eggs- 3 nos.
- Unsalted Butter(softened)- ⅓ cup (84g)
- Brown sugar- 1 cup (225g)
- The Select Aisle Coconut sugar* - 1 tbsp (14g)
- Cinnamon powder - 2.5 tbsp (17g)
* can be replaced with brown sugar
- Cream cheese ⅔ cup (115g)
- Powdered sugar ¾ cup (90g)
- Milk ⅔ cup (45ml)
- Combine flour, granulated sugar and sea salt in a mixing bowl
- Add in cubes of softened butter and slightly press them into the dry ingredients with a fork or your hands
- In a separate container combine lukewarm milk ( 38 deg C) and instant yeast and set aside for 10 mins. Add eggs to this mix.
- Add this wet mix into your dry mix and combine till you form a cohesive dough
- Roll the dough into a tight ball and place it in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a wet cloth or cling film for 1.5hrs or until the dough has doubled in size.
- In the meantime, set aside the softened butter and combine your cinnamon & sugar (for the filling)
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle (slightly over ¼” thickness & length 27” approx)
- Spread the softened butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly across the dough
- Roll the dough tightly and cut the dough into even sized pieces (2” thick)
- Butter your baking dish and place the rolls in them
- Let the rolls proof for 30 to 45 mins
- Bake at 190c for 15 to 20 mins
- For frosting, beat cream cheese until smooth, add powdered sugar and beat until combined and lastly, add milk to loosen the frosting. The frosting should have a pouring consistency.