RECIPE YIELDS: 8 servings
- TSA almond flour - 144 g (1 ½ cups)
- TSA medium brown cocoa powder- 30g (1/4 cup)
- TSA baking powder - 10g (2 tsp)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Milk - 80ml (1/3 cup)
- Eggs - 3
- TSA Keto baking sugar - 67g (1/3 cup)
- TSA Vanilla flavour - 5 ml (1 tsp)
- TSA medium brown cocoa powder - 60g (1/2 cup)
- Cream cheese - 226g (1 cup)
- Butter - 57g (1/4 cup)
- TSA Keto baking sugar - 360g (3 cups)
- TSA Vanilla flavour - 7ml (1 ½ tsp)
- Milk - 10 - 20 ml (2 – 4 tbsp)
- In a bowl, take milk, keto baking sugar, egg and vanilla flavour and mix it until combined.
- Then add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and give it a good mix.
- Do not overmix the batter., gently mix until the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch baking pan lined with parchment.
- Bake the cake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Check for the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the baking pan and place them on a wire rack until the cake cools down completely.
- For the frosting, bring the butter and cream cheese to room temperature and beat it well until it becomes smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar into the mixture until they all are mixed completely.
- Then add the vanilla flavour to it.
- Add the cocoa powder in parts into the mixture, if it tends to become thick in consistency add a little bit of milk in it to loosen up the mixture.
- Once everything is well combined, transfer the frosting onto the cake top layer and spread it out evenly. Cut the cake into equal sized pieces.